★ 2011–12 VCU Rams mens basketball team
In the 2011-12 VCU RAMS mens basketball team represented the University of Virginia during the 2011-12 NCAA division I mens basketball season. It was the 44th season of the University Fielding a basketball program mens. Led by third year head coach Shaka smart, the rams were coming off a season marked by the launch of "Final four". Expected to be lower in the CAA regular season, the rams finished as regular season winners with a 15-3 conference record before winning the CAA championship 2012 mens basketball against Drexel, 59-56, earning his 11th ever ticket to the NCAA tournament. It was also the first season since 1984-85 that of Rams in a row qualified for the NCAA tournament.
During the NCAA tournament, the Rams were the only CAA representative in the tournament and earned a 12-seed. The rams upset Kansas in the second round before losing to Indiana in the third round.
1. Preseason. (Предсезонного)
VCU was predicted to finish third in the colonial athletic Association preseason polls, which was released October 18, 2011 in Arlington, Virginia. Senior guard / forward Bradford Burgess was selected to the preseason colonial athletic Association first team.
2. Awards. (Награды)
Awards and prizes. (Награды и призы)
Senior guard / forward Bradford Burgess was named to the first team colonial athletic Association. Sophomore forward Juvonte Reddic and Junior guard Darius USA was named third team colonial athletic Association. Theus was also named the colonial athletic Association all-defensive team.
3. Regular season. (Регулярный сезон)
Before the start of the regular season mens basketball team played two preseason exhibitions. November 3, the rams won 71-48 cal U. Vulcans. Treveon Graham, the RAMS led the team in scoring with 16 points.
The regular season started with these sheep St. Francis red flash on November 11. At the close of the case, the rams earned a 63-57 victory over the red flash to open the season. Despite the opening victory, the rams lost their second two games of the season, as neutral territory during the Charleston classic, losing to Seton Hall and Georgia. Regarding technology, the RAMS held eight points at the break, before the release of the initiative in the second half. Bradford Burgess led the rams in scoring, with 17 points. Their final game of the classic ended in five points victory over the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers. November 23, the rams played the Hilltoppers again, this time in intra-conference games early in the season, and still took the win. Burgess once again led the Rams in scoring, with 16 points.
November 27, 2011, the rams headed South to take on the Alabama Crimson tide, their first opponent all over the country season. "Crimson tide", which became the winner of the NIT the previous season, went 6-0 to start the season, and was ranked thirteenth in the country at the time of the fire. "Crimson tide" is also coached by former Rams coach Anthony Grant, who led the rams to three NCAA tournaments during his tenure. During the game was very tense, a wave broke late to earn the win, 72-64. Burgess led the rams in scoring with 18 points. At the time 64 points scored by the Rams was the most points "Crimson tide" was allowed throughout the season.
From late November to early January, the rams went on an eight-game winning streak, including victories over their intercity rivals, the Richmond spiders and South Florida.
The rams began the colonial athletic Association conference play on December 17, 2011, by posting on the UNC Wilmington Seahawks. Despite a 2-6 regular season record at the time, the Seahawks were on a two game winning streak. RAMS, as well as two game wins were able to dominate most of the game, earning a 87-64 victory from the Seahawks. Once again, Burgess led the rams in scoring, tally 22 points. Juvonte Reddic of the RAMS led the team in rebounds, totaling nine from the glass. Darius theus led the rams with both assists and steals, amassing eight assists and seven steals.
After their conference match against the University of North Carolina Wilmington, the Rams played three non-conference games to close out 2011. On December 20 home game, the Rams posted a 68-49 victory over the UAB blazers. After the victory over the blazers, the rams went to Games at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and Akron, winning every case. 29 Dec victory in Akron was the Rams first overtime game and win of the season.
Open 2012, the rams went North to take a conference foe, Hofstra. On 2 January the game ended 17-game-winner for the Rams, making him, at that time the largest road victory for VCU of the season. Two days later, the rams hosted the Georgia state and suffered its first home defeat of the season, falling 53-55 against the Panthers. The game also was the Rams first loss in CAA play. Their next game at Drexel also resulted in a narrow defeat, as the Rams fell to the dragons, 58-64.
The next month, from January 11 – February 12, the Rams went on an eleven-game winning streak, improving their perfect record to 22-5 and 13-2 conference record. The record earned the Rams three votes in the AP coaches poll, unofficially making them the 36th spot in the nation among division I schools. Their winning streak came to an end 14th February, when the rams traveled North to take on their I-95 rivals, George Mason. In close-knit affair saw the Rams lose 61-62 in the last second three pointer of the George masons Sherrod white.
After one-point loss at George Mason, the RAMS played their final netconferencing games of the regular season against Northern Iowa in the ESPN BracketBusters series in. Held in the Siegel center, the rams earned a 77-68 win over the Panthers, giving the RAMS final Non-conference regular season record of 10-3. The rams finished their conference schedule at home against George Mason. After a narrow loss to George Mason in Fairfax, VCU beat George Mason 89-77 to end conference play at 15-3.
4. Postseason. (Постсезонных)
Finish as regular season winners, the rams earned a direct bye to the quarterfinals of the 2012 CAA mens basketball tournament where they earned the second seed in the tournament. Their conference tournament began on March 3, 2012, when the rams took on the northeastern huskies in the Richmond Coliseum in downtown Richmond, Virginia. The rams won 75-65 and reached the semi-finals against Mason. In the semifinals, the rams took 22 points against Mason, leading 22-0 before Mason successfully scored his first basket. Victory, again at ten-point margin, 74-64, and the sheep reached their second consecutive CAA championship and their seventh in the last eleven years. In the CAA championship, VCU took Drexel, which they lost during the regular season. After leading as many as sixteen in the second half, the Rams will be the weather returns to Drexel, winning their fifth tournament of the CAA, 59-56.
March 11, 2012, the Rams were announced by the selection Committee in the NCAA #12 seed in the South region, taking on Wichita state in the second round of the NCAA division I mens 2012 basketball tournament. Kansas state finished the season ranked #15 in the country and won the previous years, the national invitation tournament. Played in Portland, Oregon at the Rose garden, the rams took a 62-59 victory over Kansas, sending them into the third round of the NCAA tournament. The rams led by as many as 13 points in the game. As the season comes to an end, VCU was defeated in a heart Breaker to Indiana in the third round of the NCAA tournament after the Hoosiers returned from a 6 with 4 minutes to win 63-61 as VCUs three-point attempt bounced off the inside of the rim in a circle. The rams finished the season with a 29-7 record.
- The VCU Rams men s basketball teams represented Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia, United States. The program was established in
- The VCU Rams men s basketball team is the intercollegiate men s basketball team that represents Virginia Commonwealth University. The Rams joined the Atlantic
- basketball team 2011 12 George Mason Patriots men s basketball team 2011 12 Old Dominion Monarchs basketball team 2011 12 VCU Rams men s basketball team
- The 2010 11 VCU Rams men s basketball team represented Virginia Commonwealth University in the Colonial Athletic Association conference during the 2010 11
- The VCU Rams men s college basketball team competes in the National Collegiate Athletic Association s NCAA Division I, representing Virginia Commonwealth
- The 2012 13 VCU Rams men s basketball team represented Virginia Commonwealth University during the 2012 13 NCAA Division I men s basketball season. It
- The VCU Rams men s tennis team represents Virginia Commonwealth University. Under Coach Paul Kostin s direction, VCU has reached the NCAA tournament in
- 1968 69 VCU Rams men s basketball team represented the newly created Virginia Commonwealth University during the 1968 69 NCAA men s basketball season.
- The Old Dominion VCU basketball rivalry is a college sports rivalry between the VCU Rams of Virginia Commonwealth University and the Old Dominion Monarchs
- The 2011 12 UNC Greensboro Spartans men s basketball team represented the University of North Carolina at Greensboro during the 2011 12 NCAA Division
- the VCU Rams Retrieved from Gatorzone.com Florida Class of 2008 Rivals Florida Class of 2008 Scout Florida Class of 2008 ESPN 2008 Team Recruiting
- It was the Rams first trip to the Final Four. Against Butler in the Final Four, VCU lost 70 62. The 2010 11 VCU Rams men s basketball team finished 6th
- POLL RODRIGUEZ EARNS FIRST - TEAM HONORS VCU Rams Virginia Commonwealth University. October 18, 2010. Retrieved April 17, 2011 Hassell And Bazemore Earn
- The 2011 NCAA Division I Men s Basketball Tournament was a single - elimination tournament involving 68 teams to determine the national champion of the
- automatic bid, VCU earned an at - large bid to the Southwest region of the 2011 NCAA Tournament. The Rams were one of the last four teams invited, and were
- single game. He is a member of the VCU Rams Hall of Fame. With VCU Duncan was named co - Sun Belt Conference Men s Basketball Player of the Year as a sophomore
- 27 9 overall mark and a No. 23 final national ranking. The VCU Rams were one of only five teams nationally to win 27 or more games in each season from 2009 2013
- 2012 13 Fordham Rams men s basketball team represented Fordham University during the 2012 13 NCAA Division I men s basketball season. The team was coached
- September 21, 1972 is an American basketball coach. He is the head men s basketball coach at Virginia Commonwealth University VCU a position he has held since
- Player of the Year in 2003 04. Jones played for the VCU Rams from 2000 01 through 2003 04. He arrived at VCU after a standout prep career playing for Manchester
- his name as a result. Its main tenant is the VCU Rams men s basketball team which enjoys one of the nation s best home court winning percentages since moving
- The 2009 CAA Men s Basketball Tournament was held from March 6 9, 2009. It was won by the VCU Rams 5 Hofstra defeated 12 UNC - Wilmington, 79 66. The
- The 2011 12 NCAA Division I men s basketball season began on November 7, 2011 with the 2K Sports Classic and ended with the 2012 NCAA Men s Division
- CAA s top defensive player Richmond Times - Dispatch. Retrieved March 23, 2009. Lane Casadonte March 2, 2012 Burgess named first team CAA as VCU Rams
- Rhode Island Rams basketball team represented the University of Rhode Island during the 2012 13 NCAA Division I men s basketball season. The Rams led by first
- professional basketball player for the Atlanta Hawks of the National Basketball Association NBA He played college basketball for the VCU Rams Graham played
- Georgetown Hoyas men s basketball team represented Georgetown University in the 2010 2011 NCAA Division I basketball season. In November, the team played in
- Smith s tenure at VCU was not without its bright spots. In his fourth season he led the Rams to 20 wins and an invitation to the 1993 NIT. Smith s best
- Archived 2011 - 09 - 01 at the Wayback Machine VCU Rams Basketball www.vcuathletics.tv Feb. 28, 2009. Eric Demarqua Maynor Basketball - Reference.Com
- Press to the First Team All - State. He committed to the VCU Rams when major school only just started to take interest in him. At VCU he was keen to train
Users also searched:
basketball, mens, Rams, team, 201112, 201112 VCU Rams mens basketball team, VCU Rams mens basketball team, 2011–12 vcu rams mens basketball team, 2011–12 vcu rams men's basketball team,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →