★ National Museum of Commercial Aviation
National Museum of civil aviation is the first comprehensive airline industry Museum in the United States. It is located in forest Park, GA, South of Atlanta International airport Hartsfield-Jackson. It was founded in 2006, the Executive chief Director and curator of the Grant district. It is the state 5013 not-for-profit organization, and governed by 12-member Board of Trustees, chaired by captain Chuck Maire, Jr., the NCCA together with the non-profit Museum, local and regional authorities, and business, aviation and community partners throughout the country.
1. History. (История)
In 2003, a group of airline employees, retired and civilian leaders met to discuss the creation of a lasting legacy to the commercial airlines that helped make Atlanta home is the busiest airport in the world. From this first conversation was a national movement is born, the result of which is now known as the national Museum of the civil aviation of the NCCA.
NCCA is the first comprehensive airline industry Museum in the United States, and has all chances to become the main center of the United Nations aviation history and research, attracting visitors from around the world. It is designed to become a major tourist attraction and economic engine for the entire region, and as a cultural and educational amenity for residents and visitors alike. The Museum will have a broad view of all aspects of the aviation industry and not just one specific airline or airport, covering everything from the birth of the aviation industry in the modern employment relationship, from air mail to air cargo, highlighting every job in the industry and its importance. Most importantly, it will preserve artifacts and stories of men and women who built the industry to what it is today.
In 2007, after years of research and planning, the Museum selected and subsequently announced South metro Atlanta as its permanent home, followed the main award of the grant from Clayton County, GA, to help with planning, research, and other operational needs. As a result of growing public demand and interest from the aviation community, the first temporary headquarters and research air-chive was opened in forest Park, GA in March 2008. A temporary headquarters was designed to act as a temporary Museum and sales Center in order to give the audience an idea of what to expect further down the road, and immediately became a success.
More than 4.000 visitors through the doors in the first 14 months open, and the demand for public programming, group tours, childrens educational programs and additional exhibits had to move into a larger facility adjacent to an existing site. The current location serves as the center of operations for the Museum, while much more main campus is built. A temporary Museum is open to the public and contains various exhibits of the airline, art gallery, childrens activity center, research library, simulator and gift shop. Educational and public programming initiatives include the award-winning childrens book club, monthly lectures, traveling exhibitions and rotating art gallery.
The first phase of the permanent campus is located at 727 airline Museum way, Atlanta, GA 30354, this is the 16.000-SF Hangar, which will house twelve new exhibits, control panels and ground support equipment, the museums growing collection, staff and volunteers. It is expected to open in 2013.
2. Hall. (Зал)
Near the entrance corridor of the new international terminal under construction in the worlds busiest airport, and in the shadow of the worlds largest airlines, the Museum is preparing to break ground on the first phase of what will eventually become of 150.000-SF campus of buildings, aircraft, support vehicles, interactive exhibits, classrooms and teaching laboratories, and memorial gardens.
Very good visibility with over 800 of frontage on interstate 75, direct and easy access to the airport, and tens of thousands of employees aircraft in the vicinity will add the ability to create a "National Museum". The main Museum campus consists of several buildings built in several stages over a number of years. The main buildings will include a themed airport terminal, spanning the main decades of aviation, complete with the telescopic walkways and a full-sized commercial aircraft outside. Adjacent hangars and the first of its kind career exploration and training center will contain additional aircraft, classes and professional development areas, theatres, archives and collections storage, themed cafes, as well as restoration / repair shop.
Museums wide range of interactive, high-tech and hands-on exhibits will help to: 1-save American culture and heritage of historic aircraft and exhibits, as well as the national archive for commercial aviation, 2 empowering youth in their formative years to connect with careers in aviation by providing important, practical experience, and 3 to Connect the visitor to the past, present and future of air transportation in the framework of interactive educational programs and engaging displays in the early dreamers and risk takers all the way to todays corporate culture engaging displays from the early dreamers and risk-takers in modern conference halls. Special attention will be paid to the significant contribution of women, African-Americans and other important groups that make up the diverse landscape that is America.
3. Collection. (Коллекция)
The Museum has a rapidly growing collection of more than 100.000 artifacts. The basic elements include a 500 uniforms from the 1930-ies, Advertising items, rare cabs and coaches, 2.500 pieces of in-flight tableware, vintage toys, models, and original artwork.
Most notable in the collection include the worlds only know Martin 404 cockpit procedures trainer CPT in southern livery Airways, Transport Technology the first tow Tractor and in the cab of the ex Eastern airlines Martin 404, it was later owned by ray Charles. The museums aircraft collection includes a former "United Airlines" / Federal Express "Boeing 727", and a former Federal Express / Mountain air cargo Fokker F-27 "Friendship".
In 2013, jet aircraft artist mark Y. Shenever began searching for the storage in order to donate his largest ship and the collection of works of art. Colleagues suggested Shenever that he contact the national Museum of civil aviation was presented by Richard Grigg, NCCA curator. The Museum was very interested in aviation stamp collection, and in August 2013, Grigg went to Cheneverts home in Asheville, North Carolina, to accept a gift it can not international airliner pictures collection. The Museum also will receive Cheneverts drawing Desk and tools that he used since the beginning of 1970-ies. Cheneverts International Airways collection has been donated to can flying colors collection based in Dallas, Texas.
- The Manx Aviation and Military Museum is a museum dedicated to the history of aviation and the military on the Isle of Man. The museum is open at the
- The National Museum of Flight is Scotland s national aviation museum at East Fortune Airfield, just south of the village of East Fortune, Scotland. It
- Museum Greenock Ballarat Aviation Museum Ballarat Friends of the Anson Air Museum Ballarat Drage Aviation Museum Wangaratta Australian National Aviation
- The National Aviation Hall of Fame NAHF is a museum annual awards ceremony and learning and research center that was founded in 1962 as an Ohio non - profit
- National Register of Historic Places as the Administration Building in 1990. It has also been known as Building One. Source: Kansas Aviation Museum
- and thousands of parts and debris. Other sites, like in civilian commercial crashes, the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation
- Commercial Space Transportation in all capital letters. In a gold ring outside the blue are the words Department of Transportation Federal Aviation
- Aviation Hall of Fame and Museum of New Jersey National Aviation Hall of Fame Utah Aviation Hall of Fame military aviation civil aviation commercial aviation
- National Aviation Corporation was a Chinese airline which was nationalized after the Communist Party of China took control in 1949 as Civil Aviation
- achievements exclusively of women, see Women in aviation Aviation pioneers are people directly and indirectly responsible for the advancement of flight, including
- Colorado Air National Guard, general aviation women in aviation timeline of aviation history, and Colorado civil and commercial aviation The induction
- been developed by a firm list of aviation enthusiasts from all fields, including recreational, events management, commercial transport, voluntary and entrepreneurial
- development of civil or general, commercial and military aviation throughout the State. The official recognition of the Utah Aviation Hall of Fame was proclaimed
- Imperial War Museum Duxford is a branch of the Imperial War Museum near Duxford in Cambridgeshire, England. Britain s largest aviation museum Duxford houses
- Pacific Aviation Museum Museum on Ford Island Pearl Harbor Rebecca Maksel October 2014 Hawaii by Air A new exhibit gives a rich account of the state s
- The National Air Race Museum NARM was a short - lived 1993 - 1994 aviation museum featuring the Golden Age of Racing and the Reno Air Races, located in
- heliports. List of heliports in Washington, D.C. Washington, D.C. commercial aviation is served by Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, situated
- throughout Washington and Oregon. The Museum of Flight can trace its roots back to the Pacific Northwest Aviation Historical Foundation, which was founded
- liquidation of assets, including its headquarters campus in McMinnville. Evergreen Aviation Space Museum Intermountain Airlines Pinal Airpark List of defunct
- National Airline History Museum is located at the Kansas City Downtown Airport in Kansas City, Missouri, United States. Founded in 1986 by aviation enthusiasts
- Delaware Air National Guard operates out of New Castle Airport ILG Air Mobility Command museum at Dover Air Force Base Delaware Aviation Museum at Delaware
- Air Museum Lakeland, Florida Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Merritt Island, Florida Kissimmee Air Museum National Naval Aviation Museum Pensacola
- by the interplay of Canadian national ambitions, national and international politics, economics, and technology. Experimental aviation started in Canada
- Aviation in Wisconsin refers to the aviation industry of the American Midwestern state of Wisconsin. Wisconsin s first aeronautical event was a flight
- The Sud Aviation SE 210 Caravelle is a French short medium - range jet airliner. It holds the distinction of being the world s first jet - powered airliner
- Aviation Act of 1958, the CAA s powers were transferred to a new independent body, the Federal Aviation Agency FAA In the same year, the National Aeronautics
- San Diego Air Space Museum SDASM, formerly the San Diego Aerospace Museum is an aviation and space exploration museum in San Diego, California, United
- 1993, and is dedicated to the history of American Airlines and commercial aviation In November 2016 the museum received a grant from The Boeing Company
- Birmingham, Alabama and houses the Alabama Aviation Hall of Fame. The United States Army Aviation Museum is located on Fort Rucker near Ozark, Alabama
- Aviation Museum Sydney, now moved to Walker s Aviation Museum Barellan. On display Twin Pioneer Mk 3 FM1001 at the Royal Malaysian Air Force Museum
Users also searched:
Commercial, Museum, Aviation, National, National Museum of Commercial Aviation, national museum of commercial aviation,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →