★ Danson House
Danson house, a Georgian mansion in the centre of Danson Park, welling in the London borough of Bexley, South East London.
1.1. History. Danson of Danson manor home. (Дансон из Дэнсон усадебные дома)
The earliest mention of the manor of Danson can be found in the survey archbishops 1284, in which seven archbishops tenants brought in as the owner of 17 acres of land in "Densynton". Bexley manor was acquired by Henry VIII and remained part of the Royal estates until James I sold it to John Spielman in an attempt to raise funds for the crown. On 1 March 1622 the estate was bought by William Camden, who immediately gave her to Oxford University to Fund the chair in history. In 1695 the estate was sold into private hands for the first time as owner-occupied property.
In 1699 John Styleman, a Director of the British East India company, settled in Danson, property was purchased on his behalf by his brother Francis, two years earlier. Styleman began to develop complexes in the country residence, but left Danson soon after the death of his wife Arabella in the property in 1717. In 1723 Styleman leasing the property for 99 years John Selwyn MP, a kings courtier, who improved and expanded the estate, many Internet until his death in 1751. The estate at this point included a mansion with five bedrooms, four living rooms, nurseries, kitchens and Breweries, as well as with the glacier, to clarify the characteristics of water, and decorative Chinese style at home.
1.2. History. 1753-1800
John Styleman died in 1734, his will stipulates that half of the rental income should go to his widow, Mary Styleman, and the other half to charity provide almhouses for 12 poor families in Bexley. 10 Jul 1753 widow Selwyns, except Mary, the sublease, the property of sir John Boyd, merchant of sugar and Vice-Chairman of the British East India company, and the son of a St Kitts planter and slave owner Aug Boyd. In 1759 Boyd took a lease and bought out the rest of the land added to the property on Selwyn. However, he still had to pay £100 annuity to charity created Stylemans will, which owned half of the Freehold. It offer permanent annuities in exchange for charitys half Freehold, required by act of Parliament, and as a result Styleman law was passed in 1762, and John Boyd thus became the sole owner of the entire estate, paving the way for extensive expansion of the object and building of Danson house in its current form.
Originally called Danson Hill, the Palladian Villa was designed by leading architect sir Robert Taylor, architect of the Bank of England, and is built to the North of the old mansion. Work began on the house in 1763, and Boyd moved into the house about 1768 with his new wife Catherine. By the time the boyds death in 1800, he stood in the center of more than 600 acres, 2.4 km2 pleasure grounds and agricultural estate – over 200 acres of 0.8 km2, of which today form Danson Park, the second largest public Park in the London borough of Bexley. Indoor furniture and furnishings, including decorative chimney-pieces, was designed by William chambers, in another city, boyds, and frescoes, and the paintings were made for the home of artists such as Richard Wilson and Richard Corbould.
The landscape was designed and laid out between 1761 and 1763, either brown or his assistant Nathaniel Richmond. In its centre is a large and picturesque 12-acre 49.000 m2 of the lake South of the house, on the site of the former mansion, described by Edward hasted in his the history and topographical survey of the County of Kent in 1797 as "the most magnificent sheet of water somehow unnatural to seem a beautiful serpentine river, flowing through the land." A small building with a spire, called the Church house, was built to the South of Danson house, which was now separated from the rest of the Park on the highway, but can still be seen today, near the roundabout at Blendon.
1.3. History. 1800–present
After sir John died in January 1800 and was buried in the cemetery of St Marys, Lewisham, his son demolished the imposing wings containing kitchens and stables, and built a modern stable block design attributed to George dance the young. He sold the estate in 1807, John Johnston, the retired captain of the army of the 62nd regiment of foot and honorary citizen of the city of London. In 1829 he went to Johnstons son Hugh. Hughs daughter Sarah painted a number of watercolours of the interior in 1860-ies with fine details, which were later the key to use in the restoration of the interior. Hugh Johnston sold Danson to a railway engineer Alfred bean in 1862. Bean was the driving force of the Bexleyheath railway company, and the Chairman of the local Council Bexley and provides for the transformation of the 582-acre 2.4 km2 property in a residential suburb. The outlying areas were sold for residential development in accordance with the bean, but the house and 224-acre estate remained in the beans family since his death in 1890, and until the death of his widow in 1921, when it was put up for auction and eventually purchased the Bexley city Council for $ 16.000 in 1924. The Park was opened to the public in 1925, the Princess Mary, while the house was used for civil defence purposes during the Second world war. Over time, soccer field, tennis courts and bowling were added, along with an outdoor pool in 1936 and the boathouse and café open to the public in 1964. The Park is currently widely used by the community.
When the house was acquired by English heritage in 1995, he was in a dangerously dilapidated condition, had been uninhabited since 1923, and has been described by English heritage as "the most significant building at risk in London". It has been carefully restored during the ten years of £4.5 m project of Purcell Miller Tritton architects. Bexley heritage trust, a local charity Heritage was involved in collaboration with English heritage since 2000 and completed interior decoration and home equipment to open HM the Queen in spring 2005. Grounds of Danson Park have also been restored, funded by the lottery Fund "heritage" in 2006. In 2016, the district canceled the grant Bexley trust Fund for the maintenance of the property, and so she came to focus on a place in the hall, and the house came under the direct control of the district. The Board subsequently house Danson to the Registrar for the borough of Bexley.
The house now belongs to English heritage for 999-year lease since 1997, and will ultimately be managing the Trust. It is open to the public on certain days of the viewing. Manor house, stables, now public house, the Danson stables.
The house was used as the filming location for 2017 historical drama television series taboo, starring Tom hardy.
- figures in the British East India Company. In the 1760s, Boyd built Danson House a Grade I - listed Georgian mansion that stands in the centre of the park
- Edward Bridge Danson III born December 29, 1947 is an American actor and producer who played the lead character Sam Malone on the NBC sitcom Cheers
- Barnett Jerome Barney Danson PC CC February 8, 1921 October 17, 2011 was a Canadian politician and Cabinet minister. Barney Danson was born to a Jewish
- Thomas Edward Tom Danson Jr. December 17, 1933 July 31, 2016 was an American politician in the state of Florida. Danson was born in Jacksonville
- 24 January 1800 in Danson Hill was a sugar merchant and vice - chairman of the British East India Company. He built Danson House and was the first English
- heath bordered Watling Street. In 1766 Sir John Boyd had Danson House built in parkland now Danson Park between Bexleyheath and Welling In 1814 the land
- 1761 demolished 1908 Asgill House Richmond, Surrey 1761 64 Danson House Bexley, Kent 1762 67 Trewithan House dining room and other additions
- follows the Cray River Way from Crayford to Foots Cray. Danson House and the surrounding Danson Park in Welling are two of the main popular attractions
- acquired Danson Park and estate in Bexleyheath, Kent on his behalf, as well as 12 acres of marshland in Plumstead. Styleman began to develop Danson Park as
- Danson left the series on 23 August 2000 and returned on 7 June 2004. Danson later took maternity leave in 2006 and returned in early 2007. Danson took
- election was Barney Danson who later became a cabinet minister. Normandin, Pierre G. 1954 The Canadian Parliamentary Guide. Danson Barney Fahey, Curtis
- fictional character on the American television show Cheers, portrayed by Ted Danson and created by Glen and Les Charles. The central character of the series
- wife Ted Danson and Mary Steenburgen as newspaper journalists, allegedly inspired by the film His Girl Friday. The show was also produced by Danson and Steenburgen
- Roby gives a 1931 date. Ecenbarger quotes the owner of the house giving the 1908 date. Danson Edwin 2001 Drawing the Line: How Mason and Dixon Surveyed
- constructed the mansion of Danson Hill near Bexleyheath. He was succeeded by his son, the second Baronet. He represented Wareham in the House of Commons from 1780
- Importance for Nature Conservation. They have also received a Green Flag Award. Danson Park is situated between Welling and Bexleyheath. At 75 hectares, it is
- 1974 1983: The London Borough of Bexley wards of Brampton, Christchurch, Danson East Wickham, Falconwood, St Michael s, and Upton. 1983 1997: The London
- Cafik Parliament of Canada biography Danson Barney 2002 Not Bad for a Sergeant: The Memoirs of Barney Danson Toronto, Ont. : Dundurn. p. 159. ISBN 1 - 55002 - 404 - 3
- made - for - television drama film directed by Dan Curtis and starring Ted Danson Christopher Plummer, Brian Dennehy and Ellen Burstyn. The screenplay was
- Bexley wards of Barnehurst, Brampton, Christchurch, Colyers, Crayford, Danson Park, North End, and St Michael s. Following their review of parliamentary
- Danson as Washington Bellamy, a pigheaded science teacher in a small town of California, as well as Mary Steenburgen as his wife Katherine. Danson was
- new buildings over time Main M Jubilee J Golden Jubilee was the Danson building but was replaced in 2005 by the current building Heath H Le
- Russell is a fictional character, portrayed by Ted Danson from the CBS crime franchise CSI. Danson made his franchise debut in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation s
- displayed it in the landscaped grounds of his neo - Palladian mansion Danson House at Bexley, where the dining room s wallpaintings took up the vase s Bacchic
- Chelsea Physic Garden Chiswick House Grounds Clapham Common Clissold Park Coombe Wood House Gardens Crystal Palace Park Danson Park, Bexleyheath Down Lane
- creature. Danson and Warwick abandon him, and Carmichael is killed. Danson refuses to move and Warwick goes to find an escape route. Danson is attacked
- Informa for 513 million in cash. The company was founded in 1989 by Mike Danson and Doug Wilson with its first report covering the UK Frozen Food Industry
- season won three Emmys: Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series Ted Danson Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series Bebe Neuwirth and
- written and directed by Gary David Goldberg and starring Jack Lemmon, Ted Danson Olympia Dukakis, Kathy Baker, Kevin Spacey and Ethan Hawke. It is based
- Mark Duplass and Sophie Elisabeth Moss are seeing a therapist Ted Danson regularly. After asking them to each play a note on a piano, he identifies
Users also searched:
House, Danson, Danson House, danson house, historic house museums in london. danson house,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →