Топ-100 ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 135

ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 135




                                               

Selçukgazi Tunnel

The Selçukgazi Tunnel is a motorway tunnel located at Durdane Hill in Marmara Region as part of the Istanbul-Bursa Motorway O-5 in Turkey. Situated near Selçukgazi village in Osmangazi district between Gemlik and Bursa, it is a twin-tube tunnel o ...

                                               

Selimiye Tunnel

The Selimiye Tunnel is a road tunnel constructed on the Black Sea Coastal Highway D.010 E70 between Hopa and Kemalpasa in Artvin Province, northeastern Turkey. Situated near Selimiye village, the 1.366 m 4.482 ft-long single-tube tunnel carries t ...

                                               

Skyland Istanbul 1

Skyland Istanbul -1 and Skyland Istanbul-2 are mixed-use skyscrapers at the Seyrantepe neighborhood of Sisli district in Istanbul, Turkey. They are the tallest buildings in Istanbul, at 284 m tall. Designer of the buildings was Peter Vaughan of B ...

                                               

Tasoluk Tunnel

The Tasoluk Tunnel, is a motorway tunnel constructed on the Adana–Sanlıurfa motorway O-52 E90 in Osmaniye Province, southern Turkey. It is situated on the Taurus Mountains near Burgaçlı village of Bahçe, Osmaniye. The 376 and 376 m 1.234 and 1.23 ...

                                               

Embassy of Turkey, Kiev

On February 9, 1918, Turkey signed the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk, which recognized the Ukrainian National Republic as an independent and sovereign state. Turkey ratified this treaty on August 22, 1918. After the ratification, Ukraine and Turkey exc ...

                                               

Ulu Beden Tower

Ulu Beden Tower is a black basalt stone tower in Diyarbakır. It was built in 1208 in honor of the leader of the Artukid Turkish dynasty, Melik Salih Mahmut and designed by the architect Ibrahim Cafer. There is a thick band located halfway to the ...

                                               

Yıldız Clock Tower

Yıldız Clock Tower, is a clock tower situated next to the courtyard of the Yıldız Hamidiye Mosque, in Yıldız neighborhood of Besiktas district in Istanbul, Turkey at the European side of Bosphorus.

                                               

Zigana Tunnel

The Zigana Tunnel is a road tunnel constructed on the Maçka, Trabzon–Torul, Gumushane state highway D.885 E97 southwest of the provincial border Trabzon–Gumushane, northeastern Turkey. It was opened to traffic in 1988. Situated at Zigana Pass on ...

                                               

Ar-Rahma Mosque, Kiev

The Ar-Rahma Mosque, translated Mercy Mosque, is a mosque in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine. It was built between the years 1996 and 2000 in the Tatarka neighborhood of the city.

                                               

Askold Grave Church

The Church of St. Nicholas is a Neoclassical style rotunda in the Askolds Grave park of Kiev, Ukraine. This former Russian Orthodox church was designed in 1809 by the Moscow-born architect Andrey Melensky and was underwritten by Samuil Meshcherya ...

                                               

Borysohlibska Fortress

The Borysohlibska fortress was built between about 1731-1739 as one of the forts of the Ukrainian line. It is located on the right bank of the river Oril at a distance of 117 fathoms from the Dnipro River. The fortress ramparts and ditches have n ...

                                               

Chernihiv Air Base

Chernihiv is an air base in Ukraine located 5 km north of Chernihiv. It was a training base. It was home to 701 UAP flying 101 Aero L-39C aircraft as of 1992. The Chernihiv Military Aviation School of Pilots was activated on 6.11.40 in Chernihiv. ...

                                               

Church of Sts. Olha and Elizabeth, Lviv

The Church of Sts. Olha and Elizabeth in Lviv, Ukraine is located between the citys main rail station and the Old Town. It was originally built as the Roman Catholic Church of St. Elizabeth and today serves as the Greek Catholic Church of Sts. Ol ...

                                               

Church of the Exaltation of the Cross, Ternopil

Church of the Holy Cross is the oldest church in Ternopil in western Ukraine. It is an architectural monument of national importance which was built at the end of the 16th century. It is located on a hill overlooking Ternopil Pond. Pick different ...

                                               

Church of the Presentation, Lviv

The Carmelite Convent was established in Lviv by Jakub Sobieski. Many particulars of its design were patterned after the Roman church of Santa Susanna. Its construction, commenced in 1642, was greatly delayed by the events of the Deluge. The Carm ...

                                               

Galitska Synagogue

The Aesopian synagogue was built in 1909 in a Moorish Revival style. The facade is neo-romanticist, with neo-Byzantine elements. The building was devastated during the World War II by Nazis. For the next fifty years it was used as a workers cante ...

                                               

Great Choral Synagogue (Kiev)

The Great Choral Synagogue of Kiev, also known as the Podil Synagogue or the Rozenberg Synagogue, is the oldest synagogue in Kiev, Ukraine. It is situated in Podil, a historic neighborhood of Kyiv, and is under the leadership of Rabbi Bleich, chi ...

                                               

Ismi Khan Jami Mosque

Ismi Khan Jami Mosque is a ruined mosque of the 17–18th centuries in Bakhchysarai, Crimea. The decor felt European influences.

                                               

Ivan Franko National Academic Drama Theater

Ivan Franko Theater was founded in Vinnytsia in 1920 by some of the actors of the Young Theater, led by Hnat Yura, and the actors of the New Lviv Theater, led by Ambrosiy Buchma. The artists united and created a theater group called Ivan Franko N ...

                                               

Jesuit Church, Lviv

The Jesuit Church in Lviv is dedicated to Sts. Peter and Paul. When constructed in the 1610 and 1620s, it was one of the largest churches in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Sebastian Lachmius, a monk, based his design for the church on that o ...

                                               

Kamianytsia Lyzohub

The Kamianytsia Lyzohub is an architectural monument of the 17th century, the oldest stone residential building on the Left-Bank of Ukraine. Situated in the village of Sedniv, Chernihiv region. The building is an architectural monument of nationa ...

                                               

Kharkiv TV Tower

Kharkiv Television Tower, most commonly known as the Kharkiv TV Tower, is a 240.7 m tall steel truss television tower for FM-/TV-broadcasting in Kharkiv, Ukraine. It is of similar design of Kiev TV Tower, but has legs of a closed metal structure. ...

                                               

Kharkiv Ukrainian Drama Theatre

The Kharkiv Ukrainian Drama Theatre also known as the Taras Shevchenko Kharkiv Academic Ukrainian Drama Theatre is a national theatre founded in 1935 out of remnants of the suppressed Berezil Theater, which was founded by Les Kurbas in 1922. Khar ...

                                               

Klevan Castle

Klevan Castle is one of the oldest forts in Volynia, Ukraine. It was built in the mid-15th century by Prince Michael Czartoryski in order to control a ford over the Stubla River. Klevan was the main seat of the Orthodox princely house of Chortory ...

                                               

Memorial for the victims killed by OUN-UPA (Luhansk)

The monument dedicated to the "Luhansk victims of the OUN-UPA" is a statue located in Luhansk, Ukraine. The monument was unveiled in 2010 under the direction of city deputy Arsen Klinchaev and in association with the Party of Regions in a park in ...

                                               

The Memorial for the Victims of Fascism (Schytomyr)

The Memorial for the Victims of Fascism, also called Memorial for the Victims of the Concentration Camps or Memorial for the Victims of Fascism in Bogunskiy-Forrest, was erected in 1996 in the district of Boguniya in the city of Schytomyr in Ukra ...

                                               

Memorial for the Victims of War from Novohrad-Volynskyi

The memorial for the victims of war stands at the mass grave for the Jews who were shot in Novohrad-Volynskyi in the Second World War that began in September 1939. The monument was created by the artist Josef Tabachnyk who makes monuments and scu ...

                                               

Mirax-Plaza Ukraine

The Mirax-Plaza Ukraine is an unfinished building in Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. It is located in the central Podilskyi district. If completed, at 192 metres it would surpass the residential complex Klovski Descent 7A 168 metres as the tallest ...

                                               

Monastery and church of St. Onuphrius, Lviv

The Basilian monastery and Greek Catholic church of St. Onuphrius in Lviv, Ukraine is located north of the Old Town, at the base of the Castle Hill. Records mention a wooden church existed at this site already in the 13th century during the reign ...

                                               

Nizhyn Air Base

Nizhyn is an air base in Chernihiv Oblast, Ukraine 4 km north of Nizhyn. It was operated by the Soviet Long Range Aviation and Ukrainian Long Range Aviation. It is a medium-sized bomber base with a modern design and is being used to store some of ...

                                               

Embassy of North Macedonia, Kiev

Relations between Ukraine and North Macedonia were established on 23 July 1993, when Ukraine recognized the independence of the Republic of Macedonia. Diplomatic relations were established 20 April 1995 by exchange of notes between the Ministry o ...

                                               

Embassy of Pakistan, Kiev

Pakistan recognized the independence of Ukraine in December 31, 1991 year. Diplomatic relations were established in March 16, 1992. Pakistan embassy was opened in October 1997 in Kiev.

                                               

Pokrovsky Monastery, Kharkiv

The Pokrovsky Monastery Cathedra is the oldest cathedral in Kharkiv, Ukraine, built in 1689. The complex includes by the seminary, Pokrovsky Cathedral, Kharkov episcopal residence and the Temple of the Mother of God Ozeryanskoy.

                                               

Reformed Church in Sub-Carpathia/ Reformed Church in Transcarpathia

The Reformed Church in Transcarpathia is a historic Reformed church in Ukraine. It is the oldest Protestant church in the country, founded in the 16th century, and a significant part of the Hungarian-speaking ethnicity belong to this denomination.

                                               

St. Georges Church, Drohobych

St. Georges Church in Drohobych is one of the oldest and best preserved timber churches of Galicia. The church is a monument of Galician wooden architecture of the late 15th - early 16th centuries, one of the best preserved and one of the best mo ...

                                               

Sapieha Palace, Lviv

The Sapieha Palace in Lviv, Ukraine is a Chateauesque two-storey mansion dating from the 1870s. It is lightly screened from the road by a wrought-iron grill. The houses first owner was Prince Adam Sapieha, a pioneer of railway building in Galicia ...

                                               

Sky Towers (Kiev)

The Sky Towers Multifunctional Complex is mixed-use building currently under construction in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine. The project is designed to have two towers, ranging from 34 to 47 stories, and a two-story bank building. The gross area of ...

                                               

St. Paraskeva Church, Lviv

The Church of St. Paraskevi in Lviv - is located at Khmelnytsky 77 B at the foot of the High Castle.

                                               

Tereschenko Palace

Tereschenko Palace is a palace, now a school, in Andrushivka, Zhytomyr Oblast, Ukraine. It was built in 1871 by Artemy Tereshchenko, a sugar baron of the wealthy Tereshchenko family of entrepreneurs who owned the Andrushivka Sugar Factory. It is ...

                                               

Transfiguration Cathedral, Dnipro

The foundation stone was laid on 20 May 1787 by Catherine II of Russia and Austrian Emperor Joseph II, during Catherines Crimean journey. The event is described in the memoirs of comte de Segur. Prince Grigory Potemkin envisioned the church as on ...

                                               

Tsori Gilod Synagogue

The Tsori Gilod Synagogue and the Jakob Glanzer Shul are the only two Jewish synagogues in Lviv to have survived World War II. There were nearly fifty before the Nazi occupation. It was built in 1925, the synagogue was designed by Albert Kornblut ...

                                               

Embassy of Ukraine, Prague

Following independence, Ukraine 24 August 1991, the Czechoslovakia recognized Ukraine December 8, 1991 year. January 30, 1992, between Ukraine and Czechoslovakia was established diplomatic relations. Ukraine was one of the first countries in the ...

                                               

Uzhhorod Orthodox Cathedral

The Cathedral of Christ the Saviour is the principal Orthodox church in Transcarpathia. It dominates the Cyril and Methodius Square in the city of Uzhhorod. The 60-metre-tall five-domed church was built in the 1990s after the cathedral of the Hol ...

                                               

Zerkalʹnaya struya

Zerkalʹnaya struya or Dzerkalʹnyi struminʹ is a fountain in Kharkiv, Ukraine. It is near the Kharkiv Philharmonic. It was built in 1947. It remains one of the most remarkable architectural monuments in Kharkiv and, due to that, has been listed in ...

                                               

Ampton Hall

Ampton Hall is a Grade II-listed Jacobean style manor house in Ampton, Suffolk, England. Ampton Hall was the birthplace in 1805 of Robert FitzRoy, who became the second Governor of New Zealand. It later belonged to the Paley family. John Paley wa ...

                                               

Astbury Hall

Astbury Hall is a stately home, with a 320-acre estate, at Chelmarsh, near Bridgnorth, in Shropshire, England. The building was destroyed by fire in 1889, and rebuilt by Edmund Southwell mayor of Bridgnorth, 1895-1897 in 1891. John Arthur Buston, ...

                                               

Blackfriars Crown Court

Blackfriars Crown Court was a crown court at 1–15 Pocock Street, London SE1, which deals with criminal cases. The court building is located in Southwark, a short distance from Blackfriars Road, from which it takes its name. The court closed on 20 ...

                                               

Brentford Baths

Brentford Baths is a Grade II listed building at Clifden Road, Brentford, London. It was built in 1895–96, and the architect was Nowell Parr. The Baths closed in 1990 and later became a residential building.

                                               

Carnegie Theatre

The Carnegie Theatre, or The Carnegie, is a theatre and arts centre located in Workington, Cumbria, England. The historic Carnegie Theatre and Arts Centre is one of Workingtons much-loved buildings. The Foundation Stone for the Carnegie Free Libr ...

                                               

East London Coroners Court

The Coroners Court for east London is located at Queens Road, Walthamstow. The court covers the boroughs of Waltham Forest, Newham, Redbridge, Havering and Barking and Dagenham.

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation