Топ-100 ★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 119

★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 119



                                               

Ngāti Kōtuku

                                               

Ngāti Ringi

                                               

Ngāti Tākou

                                               

Ngāti Tānewai (Ngāti Ruanui)

                                               

Ngāti Tūpaea

                                               

Ngāti Tūpito

                                               

Rangitāwhi

                                               

Awhina Tamarapa

Awhina Tamarapa is a New Zealand Māori museum curator and writer in the field of museum studies. She has tribal affiliations to Ngāti Kahungunu, Ngāti Ruanui and Ngāti Pikiao. Tamarapa has a masters degree of philosophy in the field of Museum stu ...

                                               

Tuatahi

                                               

Tūwhakaehu

                                               

Ngāti Toa

Ngāti Toa, Ngāti Toarangatira or Ngāti Toa Rangatira, is a Māori iwi in the lower North Island and upper South Island of New Zealand. Its rohe extends from Whanganui in the north, Palmerston North in the east, and Kaikoura and Hokitika in the sou ...

                                               

Turangi

Turangi is a small town on the west bank of the Tongariro River, 50 kilometres south-west of Taupo on the North Island Volcanic Plateau of New Zealand. It was built to accommodate the workers associated with the Tongariro hydro-electric power dev ...

                                               

Fortified manor in Pabianice

The fortified manor in Pabianice County, also called a castle by the people from this region, is a 16th-century brick building. Designed by Wawrzyniec Lorek, raised between 1565 and 1571. Over the years the building was a supervisors’ residence o ...

                                               

Mansion in Tulowice

The Palace in Tulowice in southwestern Poland dates from the turn of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. It was built around 1800 for Francis of Lasocki, probably designed by Hilary Szpilowski who created many beautiful classicist palaces in ...

                                               

History of Kaohsiung

The written history of Kaohsiung can be traced back to the early 17th century, though archeological studies have found signs of human activity in the region from as long as 7000 years ago. Prior to the 17th century, the region was inhabited by th ...

                                               

List of festivals of Gaud Saraswat Brahmins

The other festivals unique to GSBs are- Mulki Ramanavami Teru. (Мулки Ramanavami Теру) Katapady TeruKatapady Rathotsav- Held during January–February, two days after Kodial Teru on the auspicious day of Madhwanavami. The festival last for a week p ...

                                               

Gaud Saraswat Brahmin

Gaud Saraswat Brahmins are a Hindu Brahmin community in India and a part of the larger Saraswat Brahmin community. They belong to the Pancha Gauda Brahmana groups. They are popularly referred to by the acronym GSB. They primarily speak Konkani as ...

                                               

Dravida Peravai

Dravida Peravai, is a political party in Puducherry, India. The DP was formed in 1996 by a break-away faction of the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam. The Party claims to be a "Green" party. The present Party General Secretary is N. Nandhivarman. The DP ...

                                               

Bishop of Fulham

The Bishop of Fulham is a suffragan bishop in the Diocese of London in the Church of England. The bishopric is named after Fulham, an area of south-west London. Prior to 1980, the Bishop of Fulham was a Bishop in the Episcopal oversight of church ...

                                               

Diocese of London

The Diocese of London forms part of the Church of Englands Province of Canterbury in England. Historically the diocese covered a large area North of the Thames and borders the diocese of Norwich and Lincoln to the North and West. At present dioce ...

                                               

Islam in London

There were 607.083 Muslims reported in the 2001 census in the Greater London area. In the 2011 census Office for National Statistics, the proportion of Muslims in London had risen to 12.4% of the population. In the boroughs of Newham and Tower Ha ...

                                               

Central Gurdwara (Khalsa Jatha) London

The Khalsa Jatha is a Sikh place of worship in the Notting Hill area of London. The gurdwara was established in 1908, and affiliated to Chief Khalsa Dewan of Amritsar. From 1913 to 1969 congregations were held at 79 Sinclair Road, Shepherd Bush. ...

                                               

Kilburn Grammar School

The schools history is detailed in a book by Richard E Brock. It was founded by the Rev. Dr. Henry George Bonavia Hunt, vicar of St Pauls, Kilburn, at a time when there was no general state provision for secondary education. The new boys school o ...

                                               

Dorasque people

The Dorasque were a warlike people who lived in the valleys of the Chiriqui Viejo, Changuena and Diquis rivers, and possibly a little farther east along the Pacific Ocean. They are seen as more "civilized" than neighboring groups. They are often ...

                                               

Antisemitism in 21st-century Europe

The 21st century has seen a rise in antisemitism in many European countries. While many of the antisemitic incidents involve harassment, there has been a sharp increase in violent antisemitic attacks. David Nirenberg of the University of Chicago ...

                                               

A Scriptural, Ecclesiastical, and Historical View of Slavery

A Scriptural, Ecclesiastical, and Historical View of Slavery was a pamphlet written in 1861 by John Henry Hopkins, and addressed to Bishop Alonzo Potter of Pennsylvania. The brochure claimed that the Bible does not prohibit slavery, and although ...

                                               

Lodz Ghetto

The Lodz Ghetto or Litzmannstadt Ghetto was a Nazi ghetto established by the German authorities for Polish Jews and Roma following the Invasion of Poland. It was the second-largest ghetto in all of German-occupied Europe after the Warsaw Ghetto. ...

                                               

Lublin Ghetto

The Lublin Ghetto was a World War II ghetto created by Nazi Germany in the city of Lublin on the territory of General Government in occupied Poland. The ghetto inmates were mostly Polish Jews, although a number of Roma were also brought in. Set u ...

                                               

Alexo, Alberta

Alexo is a ghost town in Alberta, Canada. Built as a coal mining town, it lies in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies at an elevation of about 1.260 metres, near the David Thompson Highway between the towns of Nordegg and Rocky Mountain House. ...

                                               

Allerston, Alberta

Allerston, formerly Allersville, is an unincorporated community in Alberta, Canada within the County of Warner No. 5. It is located approximately 25 km east of the Town of Milk River and 18 km north of the Canada–US border on Township Road 24, 1 ...

                                               

Belloy, Alberta

Belloy is a ghost town in Alberta, Canada. It is located along the Grande Prairie-Grande cache railway tracks, North of Alberta highway 49, between Girouxville and Wanham. It is part of the Department № 19 of the survey and is managed by birch hi ...

                                               

Brush Hill, Alberta

Brush Hill is an unincorporated community in the County of Minburn No. 27, Alberta, Canada. It is located northeast of Vegreville and has a legal description of NE-10-54-14-W4. Brush hill school district No. 1032, was established may 10, 1904. La ...

                                               

Craddock, Alberta

Craddock is a former unincorporated community in southern Alberta, Canada within the County of Warner No. 5. It is located between the villages of Stirling and Hamlet of New Dayton, approximately 30 kilometres southeast of the City of Lethbridge ...

                                               

Embarras, Alberta

Embarras is a locality in Yellowhead County, Alberta, Canada. It takes its name from the Embarras River. Embarrass is French for barrier, probably in reference to the piles of driftwood that often clog the shallow, winding river.

                                               

Etzikom

Etzikom is a hamlet in Alberta, Canada within the County of Forty Mile No. 8. It is approximately 20 kilometres east of Foremost on Highway 61. Etzikom was founded in 1915. Its name comes from the Blackfoot language word for valley or gorge, refe ...

                                               

Farrow, Alberta

Farrow is an unincorporated community in Vulcan County, Alberta, Canada. The community is located 5 km off of Highway 24 on Township road 202, about 25 km north of Vulcan and 82 km southeast of the City of Calgary. The community has been complete ...

                                               

Judson, Alberta

Judson is a former unincorporated community in southern Alberta, Canada within the County of Warner No. 5. It is located on Highway 61 between the villages of Stirling and Wrentham, approximately 45 kilometres southeast of the City of Lethbridge.

                                               

Legend, Alberta

Legend is an unincorporated community in Alberta, Canada within the County of Forty Mile No. 8. It is located along Highway 61 between Range Road 125 and Range Road 130, in southeast Alberta. It is one of many ghost towns along the historic Red C ...

                                               

Lucky Strike, Alberta

Lucky Strike is a locality in the County of Warner No. 5, Alberta, Canada located on Highway 501, approximately 26 km east of the Town of Milk River and 18 km south of the Village of Foremost.

                                               

Masinasin, Alberta

Masinasin is a former community in Alberta, Canada within the County of Warner No. 5. It is located 1 km off Highway 501 on Range Road 133, approximately 31 km east of the Town of Milk River and 18 km north of the Canada–US border and Writing-on- ...

                                               

McNab, Alberta

McNab is a former unincorporated community in southern Alberta, Canada within the County of Warner No. 5. It is located on Highway 506 between the Hamlet of New Dayton and the Village of Warner, approximately 50 kilometres southeast of the City o ...

                                               

Midlandvale, Alberta

Midlandvale is a community within the Town of Drumheller, Alberta, Canada. It was previously a hamlet within the former Municipal District of Badlands No. 7 prior to being annexed by Drumheller in 1972. Now referred to as Midland by the Town of D ...

                                               

Nemiscam, Alberta

Nemiscam, also known as Nemiskam, and originally known as Bingham, is an unincorporated community within the County of Forty Mile No. 8 in southern Alberta, Canada. The community is about 5 km east of Foremost and west of Etzikom, Alberta on High ...

                                               

Pakowki, Alberta

Pakowki is an unincorporated community in Alberta, Canada within the County of Forty Mile No. 8. It is located along Highway 61 in southeast Alberta. It is one of many ghost towns along the historic Red Coat Trail route. Pakowki name originates f ...

                                               

Saunders Creek, Alberta

Saunders Creek is a ghost town in west-central Alberta, Canada. Built as a coal mining community, the town existed from 1913 to 1954. It is located in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies near the David Thompson Highway, about 55 km west of the ...

                                               

Steveville, Alberta

Steveville is a ghost town in southeastern Alberta, Canada. In 1910 the community, located near Brooks, had a general store. Named after Steve Hall, a local homesteader, the community never attracted a large population. The Hall family operated a ...

                                               

Ainsworth, British Columbia

Ainsworth or Ainsworth Hot Springs is a historic village on Kootenay Lake in British Columbia, Canada and has a population of 20. Founded on May 31, 1883, it is the oldest surviving community on Kootenay Lake. Ainsworth is located on Highway 31, ...

                                               

Brexton

Brexton, formerly known as Fish Lake, is a ghost town located in the Bridge River Country region of British Columbia. Although the provincial Gazetteer still lists the "settlement" of Brexton, which was situated between the southeast end of Gun L ...

                                               

Brooklyn, British Columbia

Brooklyn is a ghost town located in the Boundary Country region of British Columbia. The town was situated beside Lower Arrow Lake, which was dammed in the 1960s, flooding the communities along the shore.

                                               

Brownsville, British Columbia

Brownsville was a former community in what is now the City of Surrey, British Columbia, Canada. Also known as South Westminster, it was located where the city ran a small ferry across the Fraser River, today approximately where the east footing o ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →