Топ-100 ★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 117

★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 117



                                               

Henley Hall, Shropshire

Henley Hall is a building of historical significance and is listed on the English Heritage Register. It was built in about 1610 by the Powys family and then substantially changed in 1772. Additions were again made in the late 19th Century. It is ...

                                               

Heywood House, Wiltshire

                                               

High Ercall Hall

High Ercall Hall or Ercall Hall is the remaining part of a larger complex in the village of High Ercall, Shropshire, 8 miles north-east of Shrewsbury. The present structure is a grade II* L-shaped, three-storey 16th-century origin, constructed of ...

                                               

Hill Bark

Hill Bark is a large country house to the south of the hamlet of Frankby, Wirral, Merseyside, England. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II* listed building. The authors of the Buildings of England ser ...

                                               

Hills House, Denham

Hills House is a 17th-century residence located on the Village Road in Denham, Buckinghamshire, England. In the late 1930s and early 1940s, it was the home of actress Merle Oberon and her husband, the film producer Sir Alexander Korda. In 1975 th ...

                                               

Hillside (Rottingdean, Brighton and Hove)

Hillside is an 18th-century Grade II* listed building in Rottingdean, in the city of Brighton and Hove. The house contains a gazebo listed for its special architectural or historic interest, and also contains a Grade II listed barn.

                                               

Hinxworth Place

Hinxworth Place is a medieval manor house near Hinxworth, Hertfordshire, England. Earlier Manor Pulters, the construction was started by S. 1390. The construction of clunch with loose flint fill the cavities in the lower part of the walls. There ...

                                               

Holy Cross Inns Court Vicarage

The Holy Cross Inns Court Vicarage is in the Knowle West area of Bristol, England. It was built in the 15th century. The surviving fragment, turrets, ladders, comes from the fact that it was once a much larger building that was probably built for ...

                                               

Hooton Pagnell Hall

Before the Norman invasion, the estate was held by Edwin, Earl of Mercia. In 1071, ownership passed to Sir Ralph de Paganell, whose name is reflected in the current name of the house and village. In 1190, Frethesant Paganel married sir Geoffrey D ...

                                               

Hopwood Hall

Hopwood Hall is a Grade II* historic house in Middleton, Greater Manchester, England, which was the ancestral country home of the Hopwoods, landed gentry who held it from the 12th century. Hopwood hall was founded as a place of moat. Later, in th ...

                                               

Hylands House

Hylands House is a Grade II* neo-classical villa situated within Hylands Park a 232-hectare park south-west of Chelmsford in Essex in South East England. It is owned and operated by Chelmsford City Council.

                                               

Ince Blundell Hall

Ince Blundell Hall is a former country house near the village of Ince Blundell, in the Metropolitan Borough of Sefton, Merseyside, England. It was built between 1720 and 1750 for Robert Blundell, the lord of the manor, and was designed by Henry S ...

                                               

Iridge Place

Iridge Place is a Grade II* listed country house in Hurst Green, East Sussex, England. It dates back to the late 18th century, replacing an earlier house. The two-storey building, with attic, has nine windows at the front and a stuccoed porch wit ...

                                               

Iscoyd Park

Iscoyd Park is a three-storey redbrick country house in Wrexham, Wales. It has a slate roof built in the early 18th century. It was sold in 1737 to William Hanmer. The house and estate was then purchased by Philip lake Godsal in 1843 and remains ...

                                               

6 King Street, Bristol

6 King Street is an historic house situated on King Street in Bristol, England. It dates from 1665, but the present early Georgian façade dates back to around 1720. It is believed that the original roof pediments, similar to those seen on the nei ...

                                               

Kirby House, Coventry

16 Little Park Street is a Georgian townhouse in central Coventry, West Midlands, England. It is one of two remaining Georgian buildings on the street and three in the city centre. The name Kirby House comes from Thomas Hulston Kirby who bought i ...

                                               

Langdon Court, Devon

Langdon Court is a former manor house, in Wembury, South Devon, England. It consists of a single courtyard mansion from 1693 and a walled formal garden. The house is a Grade II* listed building, and the garden is Grade II listed in the National R ...

                                               

Leadenham House

Leadenham House is a Grade II* listed Georgian country house in Leadenham, Lincolnshire, England. The house is built in 2 floors of ashlar and dressed limestone rubble with a sauce of hewn stone and slate hipped roof with a 7-Bay facade to the We ...

                                               

Little Pitt Cottage

Little Pitt Cottage is a medieval house in Llanarth, Monmouthshire, South Wales. It was designated a Grade II* listed building in 1956, its listing record describing it as a "fine and exceptionally intact timber-framed house".

                                               

Lower Huxley Hall

Lower Huxley Hall is a moated manor house in Cheshire, England, located about 6.5 miles southeast of Chester. It lies roughly halfway between the villages of Huxley and Hargrave, It dates from the late 15th century, with major additions and alter ...

                                               

Lowesby Hall

Lowesby Hall is a large Grade II* Georgian mansion in the parish and former manor of Lowesby, eight miles east of Leicester in Leicestershire. It is a famous fox-hunting seat in the heart of the Quorn country. The poem "Lowesby Hall" by the Victo ...

                                               

Lymm Hall

Lymm Hall is a moated country house in the village suburb of Lymm in Warrington, Cheshire, England. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II* listed building.

                                               

Madeley Court

Madeley Court is a 16th-century country house in Madeley, Shropshire, England which was originally built as a grange to the medieval Wenlock Priory. It has since been restored as a hotel. The house of hewn stone, built on two floors with L-shaped ...

                                               

Maerdy Farmhouse, Llanvihangel-Ystern-Llewern

Maerdy Farmhouse, Llanvihangel-Ystern-Llewern, Monmouthshire is a farmhouse dating from about 1700. Extended later in the 18th century, it is an early example of the use of brick, rather than stone, in Monmouthshire. The farmhouse is Grade II* li ...

                                               

Manor House (Sutton Courtenay)

The Manor House, Sutton Courtenay, is a Grade II* listed building in the Oxfordshire village, located southwest of the village green and hidden from the main road by trees.

                                               

Manor House, Hale

The Manor House, Hale is a house in Church End, Hale, a village in the borough of Halton, Cheshire, England. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II* listed building.

                                               

Manor House, Sleaford

The Manor House is a set of connected buildings located on Northgate in the English town of Sleaford, Lincolnshire. A complex arrangement, parts of the Manor House date to the 16th century, but they were extended with the addition of the Georgian ...

                                               

Mellor Hall

Mellor Hall is a country hall in Mellor, Greater Manchester, England, 0.4 miles north of The Devonshire Arms off Longhurst Lane. Date of completion of the present hall is 1688. Hall and adjacent to the farm, dates from 1691, originally a smithy, ...

                                               

Meols Hall

Meols Hall is a historical manor house in Churchtown, Merseyside, dating from the 12th century but largely rebuilt by Roger Fleetwood Hesketh in the 1960s.

                                               

Milton Court

Milton Court, at the far west of the town of Dorking, is a 17th-century country house in Surrey. The Court was expanded and substantially rebuilt by the Victorian architect William Burges and is a Grade II* Listed Building including the attached ...

                                               

Monkton House

In the 12th century Cluniac monks of the Order of Saint Benedict founded a monastery at Monkton Farleigh, acquiring land in the neighbourhood. On the Dissolution of the Monasteries the priory and abbey land, including the manor of Monkton, were g ...

                                               

Morleys Hall

Morleys Hall, a moated hall converted to two houses, is situated at grid reference SJ 689 992 on Morleys Lane, on the edge of Astley Moss in Astley, Greater Manchester, England. It was largely rebuilt in the 19th century on the site of a medieval ...

                                               

Mottram Hall

Mottram Hall is a former country house to the northeast of the village of Mottram St. Andrew, Cheshire, England. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II* listed building. It is not to be confused with Mot ...

                                               

Neston Park

Neston Park is an English country house and estate in the village of Neston, some 2 miles south of Corsham, Wiltshire. The name of the village of Neston derives from the name of the house. The present house, built in 1790 and has been expanded se ...

                                               

Newbold Revel

Newbold Revel is an 18th-century country house in the village of Stretton-under-Fosse, Warwickshire, England. It is now used by HM Prison Service as a training college and is a Grade II* listed building. The house was built in 1716 to sir Fulwar ...

                                               

Newhouse Farmhouse, Llanvetherine

Newhouse Farmhouse, Llanvetherine, Monmouthshire is a farmhouse dating from the late-16th century. It is a Grade II* listed building. Its associated barns and stable block have their own Grade II listings.

                                               

Newnham Park

Newnham Park is an historic estate in the civil parish of Sparkwell, Devon, UK. It was known as Loughtor until about 1700 when the ancient Strode family, long seated at Newnham, about 1 mile south-east of the manor house of Loughtor, abandoned Ne ...

                                               

Northgate House, Gloucester

Northgate House is a grade II* listed building at 19 London Road in the city of Gloucester, England. It was built in the mid to late 17th-century and refronted in the mid 18th-century.

                                               

Oakley Hall, Staffordshire

Oakley Hall is an early 18th century 14.929 sf mansion house at Mucklestone, near to Market Drayton, Staffordshire. It is a Grade II* listed building. The family of Chetwode, who from the 13th century, owned the estate in Chetwode Buckinghamshire ...

                                               

Offchurch Bury

Offchurch Bury is a manor house one mile north-west of the village of Offchurch, Warwickshire, England. Some parts of the building from the 16th century and is said to be built on monastic foundations related to the Priory of Coventry, but most o ...

                                               

Old Manor Farm, Marple

Old Manor Farm is a 15th-century hall in Marple, in the Metropolitan Borough of Stockport, Greater Manchester, England. Built in the 15th century, it has had additions made in the 16th, 17th and 20th centuries. Called "one of the finest existing ...

                                               

The Old Rectory, Llanbedr

The Old Rectory, Llanbedr is located two miles north-east of the market town of Ruthin, Denbighshire, around 400 m north of the quiet village of Llanbedr and is a late 17th-century property, of a type rare in the county. It was listed as Grade II ...

                                               

Old Trecastle Farmhouse, Pen-y-clawdd

Old Trecastle Farmhouse, Pen-y-clawdd, Monmouthshire is a farmhouse, originally, a gentry house, dating from the 16th and 17th centuries. It stands on the site of the outworks of a Norman motte-and-bailey castle. The house is Grade II* listed.

                                               

Packington Old Hall

Packington Old Hall is a 17th-century manor house situated at Great Packington, near Meriden, Warwickshire. It is a Grade II* listed building. The original manor house was rebuilt of red brick in 1679 sir Clement Fisher, 2nd baronet. In 1693 his ...

                                               

Parrs Wood House

Parrs Wood House is an 18th-century Georgian villa in the Parrs Wood area of Didsbury, Manchester, England. It was described by Pevsner as "a poorer mans Heaton Hall." It was designated a Grade II* listed building on 25 February 1952. In the "hou ...

                                               

Pelham Place, London

Pelham Place is a street of Grade II* listed Georgian terraced houses in South Kensington, London, England. Pelham place runs North to South from Pelham place Pelham Crescent. 2-14 is about 1825 terrace. 1-29 is a terrace 1833, designed by archit ...

                                               

Pentwyn, Llanllowell

Pentwyn, Llanllowell, Monmouthshire is a farmhouse dating from the mid-16th century. The house is Grade II* listed, with the adjacent barn having its own Grade II listing.

                                               

Pooley Hall

Pooley Hall is a Manor house built in 1509 on the outskirts of Polesworth, Warwickshire, England. It is a Grade II* listed building and a private residence.

                                               

Priests House Museum

The Priests House Museum is a local museum in the town of Wimborne Minster in Dorset, England. It is located on the high street, opposite the Church of Wimborne Minster. The museum occupies a historic Grade II* listed building, a hall house datin ...

                                               

Puddington Old Hall

Puddington Old Hall stands on a former moated site in the village of Puddington, Cheshire, England. It is sited near the England-Wales border, overlooking the Dee estuary.

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →